As 2020 comes to a close, we are reflecting back on the amazing year we’ve had. The Success Foundation is about to enter its eleventh year and while we are still young, we have experienced a huge amount of accomplishments!
- We exceeded the $3 million mark! Since inception, over $3.3 million has been donated to support District 6 students.
- Nineteen 21st Century Education Grants for over $35,000 were awarded. Projects included projectors for AVID tutorials and the theatre, College for Kids program through AIMS Community College, makerspace materials, functional learning through gardening, and personal support for IB and senior capstone projects…to name a few.
- Raised over $100,000 for our SmartLab Project. Three more SmartLabs were installed at Jackson, Meeker, and Monfort Elementary Schools. SmartLabs contribute to the development of communication, critical thinking, and problem solving skills. Balancing traditional academics with the development of these skills is one of the biggest challenges facing educators today. New approaches are needed and SmartLabs provide a fresh approach. Our goal is to help fund 2-3 labs per year over the next 4 years to expand this opportunity to more students.
- Raised over $30,000 at our first VIRTUAL RollOut4Success (pre-COVID, known as Ride4Success).
- Raised over $200,000 to eliminate unpaid meal debt in the District and to cover costs associated with emergency feeding programs.
- Raised almost $10,000 in partnership with the Burroughs to support music educations programs in District 6.
- Received over 5,000 sewn masks, 20,000 in-kind, and almost $40,000 in financial contributions to purchase masks and other COVID-related supplies.
- Started a $25,000 Endowment Fund for the Success Foundation.
- Started the Delia & John W Haefeli Opportunity Fund which is currently supporting internet needs for remote learners in the District.
What a great year! We are so grateful for the support we’ve had from our community over the last ten years. Through our planning process, we continue to discover student needs that are not being met and look forward to expanding our support in the new year. The Success Foundation is proud to be THE foundation for Greeley-Evans School District 6. We thank you for partnering with us and being the driving force behind all that we do!